1/5 Photos of Watermelonberry Juice Pick Me Up
For that fast pick me up in the morning or when you need a refreshing tonic, this is the juice for you. I like this in the morning to rev up my engines and to supply me with an abundance of anti oxidents. Watermelons are in nature an excellent source of vitamins A, C, and B6. They are also a great source of potassium, and extremely low in sodium. Blueberries are packed with antioxidant phytonutrients called anthocyanidins, blueberries neutralize free radical damage to the collagen matrix of cells and tissues that can lead to cataracts, glaucoma, varicose veins, hemorrhoids, peptic ulcers, heart disease and cancer. Anthocyanins, the blue-red pigments found in blueberries, improve the integrity of support structures in the veins and entire vascular system. Anthocyanins have been shown to enhance the effects of vitamin C, improve capillary integrity, and stabilize the collagen matrix (the ground substance of all body tissues). They work their protective magic by preventing free-radical damage, inhibiting enzymes from cleaving the collagen matrix, and directly cross-linking with collagen fibers to form a more stable collagen matrix. This is great for young and old alike! For the young at heart----------a wee bit of the nectar can be added such as vodka, rum, you decide for a refreshing cocktail.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1put all in blender or juicer and blend til smooth. You will have some chunks from the berries if frozen and it only adds to the enjoyment.
- 2This can be frozen for popsicles as well without the added sugars.
- 3options: any berry will do such as strawberry, blackberry, boysenberry. You could also mix this with some lime juice instead of lemon. Such a versatile juice and great for low sugar, low fat drinks for yourself or the kids.
- 4I like it frozen on a hot day!
- 5To make a slushie, just mix and pour into a plastic cup, freezer ready and food grade, freeze for 35-45 min, take out and mush for slushie effect.
Browse Our Top Beverages Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Watermelonberry Juice Pick Me Up
Serving Size: 1 (381 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 133.9
- Calories from Fat 6
- Total Fat 0.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 3.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 26.2 g
- Protein 2.4 g