1/1 Photo of Watermelon Tomato Gazpacho
4 hrs 20 mins
Chef #208121's Note:
A nice summertime recipe that calls for only raw ingredients and no cooking time. Lovely blend of flavors with no one flavor dominating. Used the Blender to puree. Done rapidly with no heat and would be very good for leftover watermelon. Cooking here is chill time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 cups watermelon, seed and puree
- 1 cup seeded watermelon, diced small
- 1 cup seeded tomato, diced small
- 1 cup cucumber, peeled, seeded, diced small
- 1/2 cup red bell peppers or 1/2 cup green bell pepper, diced small
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- fresh parsley leaves, see directions note
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- 1/2 small jalapeno, seeded and minced
- 1 green onion, white
- 1 inch green onion, minced
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1Seed and puree the watermelon.
- 2Then combine the watermelon puree with the diced watermelon, tomato, cucumber, bell pepper, lime juice, parsley, ginger, jalapeno, green onion, bitters and salt. Note the authors recommend you use a large bowl but you see that empty watermelon shell over there? Hey it makes a great serving container and you don't have to wash it.
- 3Stir to combine.
- 4Season with pepper and salt to taste. Use any other desired seasonings to taste.
- 5Serve with chilled serving bowls or chill for approx four hours then serve or using a large bowl, place in chilled serving bowls and serve immediately.
- 6Note: Parsley leaves should be one small handful. the bitters are NOT optional.
- 7Original was from the Philadelphia Inq. 7/13/05.
Browse Our Top Melons Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Watermelon Tomato Gazpacho
Serving Size: 1 (259 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 66.4
- Calories from Fat 3
- Total Fat 0.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 586.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 12.1 g
- Protein 1.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: