Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
Great on a hot day, nice & refreshing. This recipe originally came from "Great Casual Food" cookbook. Before freezing taste to see if more sugar need to be added, this will depend on the sweetness of the strawberries & watermelon.
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 250 g watermelon, peeled, seeded and chopped coarsely
- 100 g strawberries, chopped coarsely
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- Combine the water and sugar in a small saucepan, stir over low heat until sugar dissolves.
- Bring back to boil, boil uncovered for about 2 minutes or until mixture thickens slightly.
- Transfer syrup to small bowl, refrigerate until cold.
- Blend or process cold syrup, watermelon, strawberries and juice until smooth.
- Pour mixture into four 1/3 cup ice block moulds, freeze overnight until firm.