Recipe by DrGaellon
Use only the reddest, most fragrant watermelon and strawberries. Adapted from a recipe by Nicky at delicious:days. http://bit.ly/ivg8xW
- 1 lb watermelon, chunks
- 1⁄2 lb strawberry
- 1⁄4 cup white wine
- 6 small goat cheese, single-serving size discs
- 1 pinch sugar
- 1 pinch fine sea salt
- 1 pinch fresh ground black pepper
- extra-virgin olive oil
- fresh mint leaves
Directions See How It's Made
- Remove the rind and any pale flesh from the watermelon. Remove the seeds and place 1 lb of the reddest watermelon into a blender. Process until smooth then pour into a strainer. You need 1 2/3 cups of watermelon juice.
- Wash the strawberries, remove the hulls and cut in quarters. Add to watermelon juice in the blender. Add the wine, and a pinch each of sugar, salt and pepper, and process until very smooth. Refrigerate at least 3 hours (or, if you need it at once, add 2-3 ice cubes and process until smooth).
- Line a baking sheet with parchment. Place goat cheeses on prepared sheet. Bake in a preheated 400F oven for 3-5 minutes, until warm and soft, but still white (do not allow to brown).
- Pour the soup into shallow soup bowls, then add a cheese disc to each bowl. Top with a tiny drizzle of high-quality extra-virgin olive oil, a pinch of black pepper, and mint leaves.