Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This appeared in magazine ads. The picture shows it is very pretty and festive. Very simple, too. Great for Independence Day!
- lettuce leaf
- 2 slices watermelon, 1 inch thick round slices
- 2 cups small curd cottage cheese
- 1⁄2 cup fresh blueberries or 1⁄2 cup frozen blueberries, thawed
- Line 4 salad plates with lettuce leaves.
- Cut each watermelon slice into 10 equal wedges; remove rind.
- Arrange 5 melon wedges on each plate in a circle with points outward to resemble a star.
- Spoon cottage cheese into centers of watermelon stars.
- Sprinkle blueberries over cottage cheese.
Nice to look at, easy to make, and good!! Also quick to make!!(:
What a beautiful presentation and a great recipe that is Weight Watchers friendly! I used lowfat cottage cheese. I drizzed with lowfat poppy seed dressing. Yum!
Such a simple salad with great eye appeal. I added a grinding of fresh ground pepper over all and loved the little bite.