Watermelon Soup With Floating Meringue
- 14 cups watermelon, chunks (1-inch chunks seedless)
- 4 cups watermelon, small balls
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 8 meringue cookies
- Using a blender, working in batches, liquify the watermelon chunks only with the sugar and lemon juice.
- Transfer the soup into a large bowl, cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- To serve, pour 1 cup watermelon soup into each of 8 small bowls, divide the watermelon balls among the servings and top each with a meringue cookie.