- 9 cups yellow or red seedless watermelon, diced
- 2 tablespoons chopped of fresh mint
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup lightly sweet white wine (such as Riesling) or 3⁄4 cup water mixed with 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon chopped gingerroot
- 8 teaspoons crumbled feta
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine 1 cup of the watermelon with mint and sugar in a bowl.
- Set aside. Blend remaining 8 cups watermelon, lemon juice, wine and ginger in a blender until smooth.
- Let sit 1/2 hour.
- Strain soup; divide among 8 bowls.
- Top each with 1/8 cup reserved watermelon and 1 tsp feta.