Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 mins
There is nothing like an icy, frosty sorbet to cool you off during the hot summer weather. Adapted from Southern Living. Made in a electric ice-cream maker. 2 hour chill time.
- Add the water and sugar to a saucepan.
- Bring mixture just to a boil over high heat, stirring until the sugar is dissolved.
- Take saucepan from heat and let cool.
- Using an electric blender, process the sugar syrup and watermelon (in batches) until smooth.
- Add in lime juice and stir to combine.
- Cover and chill mixture for 2 hours.
- Pour chilled mixture into the container of a 1-gallon ice cream maker.
- Freeze according to the manufacturer's directions.
Very enjoyable - always looking for a new watermelon recipe