Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Watermelon flavored sodas are popping up everywhere! My DSS loves them, so I went looking for something I could make at home for him. This is what I found at cookingclub.com. This can be made into an ADULT drink by adding 1 oz. of vodka to the drink....sounds yummy either way. Syrup can be made up to a week beforehand.
- 5 cups watermelon, seeded and chopped
- 3 tablespoons superfine sugar
- 2 tablespoons grenadine
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 2 1⁄2 cups sparkling water, unflavored
- mint leaf (to garnish)
- Pulse watermelon in food processor until pureed.
- Pour into fine-mesh sieve set over a large bowl and let stand for 20 minute or until juice has drained through, stirring once or twice. DO NOT press puree or syrup will become cloudy. There should be about 2 Cups of watermelon juice. Discard the pulp.
- Stir sugar into watermelon juice until dissolved.
- Stir in grenadine, lime juice and salt.
- Pour 1/2 Cup watermelon syrup and 1/2 Cup sparkling water into glasses and top with ice.
Oh so yummy and refreshing. Thanks for sharing.
Ummm... Watermelon Soda! I love this stuff! I never thought of making it myself! This was very good, but very sweet! Next time, for my own tastebuds I will only add in 1 1/2-2 tbls of sugar! Thanks for the great recipe!!!