Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Untried as yet by me but sounds great for summer !
- 5 cups watermelon, cubed
- 3 cups strawberries, halved
- 1 cup mango, cubed
- 1 cup orange juice, freshly squeezed
- ice cube
- Puree fruit and juice in blender.
- You may need to do this in more than one batch.
- Taste and add sugar if need be.
- Store in covered jug in refrigerator.
- When ready to use place 4 cups of puree in blender.
- Add 1 cup of ice cubes and blend till slushy.
- Serve and enjoy.
Sweet, tastes good! Although it is not properly food combined as per, http://www.rawplus.com/images/foodcom.jpg I liked the change. I used perfect watermelon, a little bit of frozen mango and mango nectar as another reviewer in replacement of the orange juice, no sugar as the nectar along with the sweet fruit made it very sweet already. I did not add ice just added a bit of spring water and it was cold enough with the frozen mango and the rest of the refrigerated ingredients.
This was a real treat enjoyed by everyone here. I used honey as the sweetener, and added a splash or rum to the adult slushies. Thanks!
What a lovely tropical treat. I loved that you could taste all the different fruit. This slushie was so yummy and it made alot. I used frozen mangos and ice cubes, 2 tbsps sugar and cara cara oranges. The watermelon and strawberries were perfectly ripe and worked beautifully in this recipe...releasing their magic flavor. Thank you so much for sharing kate.