Recipe by sheepdoc
From Mother Earth Living. Haven't tried this yet.
Top Review by LifeIsGood
Wow this is one spicy drink! I do like spicy, but this was even a little too much for me. I ended up adding more gingerale and wine to even it out a bit. I did enjoy the watermelon puree. Made for CQ 2 - Texas.
- 8 cups cubed seedless watermelon
- 1 (750 ml) bottle white wine
- 1⁄4 cup light rum or 1⁄4 cup brandy
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons hot chili sauce (Sriracha)
- 2 limes, sliced thin
- 12 ounces ginger ale
- fresh mint sprig
Directions See How It's Made
- Puree 6 cups of watermelon in blender and strain into pitcher.
- Add wine, rum, sugar, Sriracha, and lime slices.
- Refrigerate at least 2 hours.
- Stir in ginger ale.
- Put ice cubes in glass, pour in sangria. Make sure to get some watermelon and lime in each glass.
- Garnish with mint sprig.