Recipe by LoriInIndiana
An unusual salad featuring watermelon, co-starring honeydew and cantaloupe. For ZWT, classified as Southwest for the lime dressing's TexMex flair.
Top Review by ~Leslie~
Made for ZWT 7: This recipes is delicious and refreshing! I used fresh mint from my garden and chopped chives instead of the onion as I had no onion on hand. The combination of the herbs with the melon and lime dressing is uniquie and just bursting with summertime flavour. I highly recommend this salad!
- 4 cups watermelon, cubed
- 1 cup honeydew melon, cubed
- 1 cup cantaloupe, cubed
- 1⁄4 cup vidalia onions or 1⁄4 cup other sweet onion, slivered
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons of fresh mint, chopped
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- coarse sea salt, to taste
- fresh coarse ground black pepper, to taste