An unusual salad featuring watermelon, co-starring honeydew and cantaloupe. For ZWT, classified as Southwest for the lime dressing's TexMex flair.
- 4 cups watermelon, cubed
- 1 cup honeydew melon, cubed
- 1 cup cantaloupe, cubed
- 1⁄4 cup vidalia onions or 1⁄4 cup other sweet onion, slivered
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint, chopped
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- coarse sea salt, to taste
- fresh coarse ground black pepper, to taste
- Whisk lime juice, honey, mint, and oil together until honey is dissolved.
- Combine the melons and onion in a large bowl.
- Toss melon mixture with lime dressing to coat.
- Garnish with salt and pepper to taste.