Recipe by Garlic Chick
This was posted in the local paper. It originally was published in the July 2009 issue of "Food & Wine" magazine from Jacques Pepin. This watermelon salad is sweet and salty. The recipe suggests preparing just before eating to prevent it from becoming watery. I haven't tried it but am putting it here for safe keeping.
Top Review by Trinkets
Fantastic! Awesome flavor combinations. I made this for our Pig and Lamb Roast on Labor Day and it was devoured. The only change I made was to exclude the olives. Thanks so much for sharing this recipe.
- 1⁄3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 10 cups seedless watermelon (from an 8-lb watermelon scooped into balls or cut into 1 1/2 inch chunks, chilled)
- 2 cups crumbled feta cheese
- 1 1⁄4 cups pitted kalamata olives (courseley chopped) (optional)
- 1 small sweet onion (cut into 1/2 inch dice)
- 1 cup mint leaf (coursely chopped)