Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This summer salad was served at a wedding reception I attended recently. The caterer is a local (but famous in the area) Italian chef. I fell in love with the weird combination!
- Cut the watermelon into large chunks.
- Slice the red onion into individual pieces.
- Slice the jicama into small slivers.
- Mix together above ingredients and chill.
- Just before serving:.
- sprinkle the above with the salt, drizzle the olive oil and lime juice and sprinkle with chili powder.
- Adjust all to taste.
- Serve immediately, this salad does not hold over well.
Yes! I lost this recipe and now I have found it. After sprinkling with salt, oil, lime juice and chili powder, toss well, before serving drain juice, serve in glass bowl over ice!Crowd stopper!