Recipe by toothgal12
This summer salad was served at a wedding reception I attended recently. The caterer is a local (but famous in the area) Italian chef. I fell in love with the weird combination!
Top Review by Montana Heart Song
Yes! I lost this recipe and now I have found it. After sprinkling with salt, oil, lime juice and chili powder, toss well, before serving drain juice, serve in glass bowl over ice!Crowd stopper!
- 1 small seedless watermelon, cut in chunks
- 1 red onion
- 1 jicama, sliced in slivers
- 1⁄8 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄4 cup lime juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut the watermelon into large chunks.
- Slice the red onion into individual pieces.
- Slice the jicama into small slivers.
- Mix together above ingredients and chill.
- Just before serving:.
- sprinkle the above with the salt, drizzle the olive oil and lime juice and sprinkle with chili powder.
- Adjust all to taste.
- Serve immediately, this salad does not hold over well.