Recipe by Danny Beason
Beth Booker, Ft. Sanders Regional Medical Center This recipe is from the July 2004 Cooking Light magazine.
- 5 cups cubed seeded watermelon, divided
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 4 cups thinly sliced fennel bulbs (about 2 medium bulbs)
- 1 1⁄2 cups flat leaf parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Place 1 cup watermelon chunks in blender and puree.
- Strain mixture through a sieve over a bowl and reserve 1/4 cup juice.
- Discard solids and any remaining juice.
- Combine 1/4 cup watermelon juice, lemon juice, salt and pepper in a large bowl.
- Add remaining watermelon, fennel, and parsley.
- Toss gently to combine.