Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Refreshing fruit salad with a lime dressing. Perfect for a summer picnic! Enjoy!
- 3 cups watermelon, cubed
- 1 cup honeydew melon, cubed
- 1 cup cantaloupe, cubed
- 1⁄4 cup vidalia onion, thinly sliced
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons of fresh mint, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Whisk together dressing ingredients until honey is dissolved.
- Combine melons and onion in a large bowl.
- Pour dressing over melons and toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper.
It is important to have really tasty melons. Soak the onions in additional lime juice and there will not be that "bite" to the onion (which some onions have) if you cannot find Vidalia onions. Drain the lime juice from the onions before proceeding with the salad.