Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
A lovely way to play on a hot summers day! For adults only!!!
- 4 lbs seedless watermelon, frozen firm in 1/2 inch chunks
- 3⁄4 cup white grape juice
- 1 cup white rum
- 1⁄3 cup fresh lemon juice
- white sugar
- In a blender pour in 1/2 each of the grape juice, rum and lemon juice.
- Turn on blender and begin to add 1/2 of the frozen watermelon, chunk by chunk.
- Taste and add sugar if needed.
- Pour into 3 tall glasses and repeat.
This is a great rum slushy drink. The melon season is winding down here so I wanted to get this one in before they are out of season. I didn't need to add any sugar, was sweet enough for me and my guests agreed. We all loved this and had a very playful time. Thanks for posting.
This was tasty, the grape and lemon juices and the rum tempered the watermelon taste a bit (I'm not a big fan,but DH is). Very nice, thanks for posting!
Delicious!! I made 1/2 with the rum and a mixed berry juice as I did not have white grape juice on hand. The other half I made with berry juice only for my son and he loved it. This will become a summer staple for us.