Cindy Lynn's Note:
This is the other watermelon rind pickle recipe we use. The ginger makes a nice flavor alternative to the allspice in our other family favorite.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1To prepare watermelon rind: Trim dark skin and pink flesh from thick watermelon rind; cut in 1-inch pieces or as wanted.
- 2Dissolve lime in 2 quarts water, pour over rind.
- 3If needed, add more water to cover rind.
- 4Let stand 2 hours.
- 5Drain: rinse and cover rind with cold water.
- 6Cook until just tender; drain.
- 7Tie spices in a cheesecloth bag.
- 8Combine spices with remaining ingredients and simmer 10 minutes.
- 9Add watermelon rind and simmer until clear.
- 10Add boiling water if syrup becomes too thick before rind is clear.
- 11Remove spice bag.
- 12Pack, boiling hot, into sterilized mason jars, leaving 1/8-inch head space.
- 13Adjust caps and allow to seal.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Watermelon Rind Pickles (Crisp Version)
Serving Size: 1 (5474 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 922.3
- Calories from Fat 3
- Total Fat 0.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 19.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 232.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 228.9 g
- Protein 0.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: