24 hrs 15 mins
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut rind into 1/3-inch strips. Cover in cold water and bring to a quick boil. Reduce heat, and let simmer slowly until transparent, about 30 minutes.
- 2Drain, and reserve 1 1/2 cups of liquid.
- 3In a heavy pot, completely dissolve sugar in reserved liquid. Add honey and lemon peel, and bring to a boil, skimming as needed. Add drained rind and seeds and boil gently over medium heat, for 15 minutes. Remove from heat, cover, and set aside overnight.
- 4Boil again over medium heat, until syrup thickens, about 15 minutes. Test for doneness.
- 5Add lemon juice and mastic or cardamom 5 minutes before jam is done. Let jam cool completely then store in a sterilized jar.
Browse Our Top Jams and Preserves Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Jams and Preserves Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Watermelon Rind Jam
Serving Size: 1 (31 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 112.9
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 0.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 29.2 g
- Protein 0.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
whole cardamom pods