Prep 10 mins
Cook 4 hrs
Recipe from one of my favorite chefs Paulette Mitchell who says: "Among the splendid gifts of summer is the watermelon. In addition to savoring the juicy wedges straight from the market, try making these colorful, refreshing popsicles for adults using the freezing forms seasonally stocked in gourmet shops and in the kitchen department of your local discount store. Buy several sets, so you can multiply the recipe. For quick preparation, look for seedless watermelon, available during the summer in most supermarkets."
- 2 cups watermelon, in 1/2-inch cubes seedless red watermelon makes the seeds less an issue
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons lemon-flavored vodka
- 1 tablespoon orange-flavored liqueur, such as Cointreau
- Purée all of the ingredients in a blender until smooth. (If necessary, first remove the scattered watermelon seeds.).
- Fill 4 popsicle forms with the mixture and freeze until firm.
- Or, you can use small drink cups; fill with the watermelon mixture and freeze for 1 to 2 hours until slushy, insert wooden sticks, and then freeze solid.