1/3 Photos of Watermelon Popsicles
11 hrs 30 mins
A cool summer treat for the kids, It looks like wedges of watermelon when done. You will need either popsicle molds OR 24 3oz paper cups, and 24 wooden popsicle sticks.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Scoop out and measure 10 cups watermelon pulp. Puree watermelon and sugar in batches in blender until smooth.
- 2Push puree through mesh strainer into a large bowl. Cover and freeze until puree is slushy but not solid, about 3 hours.
- 3Remove from freezer, stir in chocolate chips. Place 24 3oz disposable cups in 2 shallow baking pans (spoon puree into cups to within 1/2" of rim). Place pans in freezer until puree is solid but not rick hard, about 2 hours.
- 4spread softened sherbet on top of each portion of puree so that it comes up to edge of cup. smooth top off with the edge of a butter knife. Cover each cup with plastic wrap and cut small slit in center. Insert popsicle stick into each cup so it reaches the bottom. Freeze until solid, about 6 hours and up to 2 days.
- 5To unmold: Let pops sit at room temperature for about 1 minute. then gently pull out from cups. Or you can peel away the cups from the pops.
Browse Our Top Frozen Desserts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Frozen Desserts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Watermelon Popsicles
Serving Size: 1 (206 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 135.9
- Calories from Fat 16
- Total Fat 1.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.2 mg
- Sodium 13.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 26.7 g
- Protein 1.4 g