Recipe by Enduring Gastronomy
A yummy summertime dish. For a fun, tropical twist, try macadamia nuts instead of pecans. The original recipe called for 1/4 cup sugar, but I reduced to 2 Tbs. I haven't tried it with rum yet.
Top Review by Montana Heart Song
I cut this recipe in thirds. I used canned pineapple because of the high acidity in fresh pineapple.If your fruit is ice cold you can cut the chill time by half. I also used Splenda. Pass a dish with a small spoon for individuals to sprinkle the nuts on top of their serving. Some like nuts and some do not.I also drained the juice before serving and I froze it in ice cubes for future marinate for meats. Thanks for posting!
- 1 tablespoon lime rind, grated
- 2⁄3 cup fresh lime juice (about 4 limes)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄4 cup light rum (optional)
- 2 pineapple, cored and cut into chunks (or 3-4 20 oz cans)
- 1 ripe basketball-size watermelon, remove black seeds and cut into chunks (about 7-8 cups)
- 1⁄2 cup pecan halves or 1⁄2 cup pine nuts, chopped and toasted