Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 hrs
This is a good way to use up those watermelon rind pickles in your pantry.
- 1 (3 ounce) package lemon Jell-O gelatin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1⁄4 cup pickle juice, from watermelon pickles
- 1⁄2 cup cold water
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 3⁄4 cup diced watermelon pickle
- 3⁄4 cup finely chopped celery
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped pimiento
- Dissolve the Jello and salt in the boiling water.
- Add the watermelon pickle juice, cold water and lemon juice.
- Chill until slightly congealed.
- Fold in the watermelon pickles, celery, bell pepper and pimiento.
- Pour into a mold and chill until firm.
- NOTE: Grease your mold slightly with mayonnaise or salad dressing for easier removal of the Jello.