Prep 2 hrs
Cook 5 mins
From August 2004 Cooking Light..so yummy I drank almost all of them myself. Great for a BBQ or just as a refreshing summer cocktail. Cooking is the time it takes to freeze the watermelon!
- 5 cups cubed seeded watermelon (I just used seedless)
- 1 cup sparkling water, chilled
- 3⁄4 cup good quality white rum
- 1⁄4 cup chopped of fresh mint (save some whole for garnish)
- 1 (6 ounce) can frozen limeade concentrate (undiluted)
- lime slice (to garnish)
- Arrange watermelon in a single layer on a baking sheet, freeze 2 hrs or until completely frozen.
- Combine watermelon, sparkling water, rum, mint, and limeaid in a blender and let'er rip!
- Garnish with whole mint sprigs and lemon slices.
I thought this was a really tasty summer cocktail. I ended up mixing it all up in the food processor, my blender wasn't big enough. I have a feeling these could sneak up on you if you weren't careful. Nice and refreshing drink for a warm Summer dayl Thanks for posting the recipe.
This was OK I just enjoy regular mojitos much more.