Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
traditionally you "muddle" the mint in the glass w/ice but i don't like having to use my teeth to strain the mint as i drink, so i make a mint syrup. if i had time, i would freeze the watermelon and skip the ice, or do both, but i think you can change it up for how you like a drink: blended or poured over ice.
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup chopped mint
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 -4 cups watermelon (opt. frozen)
- 1 pinch salt (optional)
- add chopped mint to water in a small pot and simmer until a strong flavour is released.
- add the sugar and stir to dissolve.
- allow to cool completely and strain.
- in a blender mix the mint syrup together with frozen watermelon or watermelon and ice and rum. blend until smooth and serve with a sprig of mint to garnish.