Recipe by LeeDelaino
you can make the puree in the blender with ice or make the mix of melon, alcohol, syrup and pour it over ice. i prefer the second option, but either way is fantastic. i took away the step of "muddling" the mint in the glass b/c i don't like having the mint in my glass but you can garnish with lime.
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup chopped mint
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 lime, juice of
- 3 -4 cups cubed seedless watermelon
- 4 -6 ounces white rum
Directions See How It's Made
- put water and mint in a small sauce pan and bring to a simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- add sugar to dissolve and remove from heat.
- add lime juice and allow to cool completely.
- in a blender, mix watermelon and ice (or leave ice out at this point and pour the drink over at the end).
- add the strained mint syrup and alcohol to taste and pour in cocktail glasses.