Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
I just bought this amazing book entitled MIX SHAKE STIR. After reading through it last night I had to try one of these cocktails ASAP! It includes recipes from several of New York's finest restaurants. Stay tuned, as I know I'll be posting many of these in weeks to come! The author suggests to spruce up this drink by adding a watermelon wedge briefly seared on a hot grill.
- 4 pieces fresh watermelon, 1-inch cubes
- 6 fresh mint leaves, plus mint sprigs for garnish
- 1⁄2 ounce fresh lime juice
- 1⁄2 ounce simple syrup
- 2 1⁄2 ounces good white rum
- soda water
- Fill a double rocks glass with ice. Muddle the watermelon and mint leaves in a cocktail shaker. Add ice and the lime juice, simple syrup, and rum and shake vigorously. Strain into the glass filled with ice and top with soda water. Garnish with mint sprigs and serve.
Loved this recipe! I added a little extra simple syrup, a watermelon stick, and it was amazing! It is now our go to summer drink for 2015! Thank you for this!
This was tasty! Such a great twist on the usual mojito. Thanks!
This is so good. Perfect for a hot day. Thanks Carmen :) Made for When it's hot event