Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Using the fresh mint growing in my garden, this is a delightful,refreshing summer salad. It's my daughter's recipe.
- 3 quarts watermelon, cubes
- 3⁄4 cup thinly sliced sweet onion
- 1⁄2 cup minced fresh mint leaves
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 dash salt
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- In large bowl, mix the watermelon cubes, onion slices and mint.
- In small bowl or mixing cup, blend dressing ingredients.
- Add to watermelon mixture and toss to combine.
- Chill for at least two hours.
What an interesting combination of flavors! It was hard to imagine what all of this would taste like coming together, but I must say that my husband is in heaven. He just loves this. It took a minute for this to grow on me, but it was even better the next day. Thanks for such a delightful combination of tastes!!
Thank your daughter, Janice! I have been making this summer salad for years, and it is great!! I suggest seedless watermelon, and I use half vegetable and half olive oil. I think it makes a lighter dressing.
I really enjoyed this refreshing salad NoSpringChicken. It is delicious. All the ingredients blended beautifully to create a special treat. It's fresh and lively, sweet and savory. I didn't have any cider vinegar, so I subed with white balsamic. I also seasoned the salad with a little sea salt and fresh ground pepper (personal preference only). Thank you for sharing this recipe that I will enjoy often.:)