Prep 10 mins
Cook 4 hrs
Great and refreshing way to use up leftover watermelon. See note below to make kid-friendly. From Southern Living.
- 4 cups watermelon, seeded and chopped
- fresh lime juice
- 1⁄2 cup tequila (see note below)
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon lime zest
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lime juice (about 3 limes)
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint leaves, chopped
- fresh mint sprig (used for garnish)
- Place watermelon in a single layer on a baking sheet. Freeze 4 hours or until firm.
- Coat rims of cocktail glasses with lime juice; dip in sugar.
- Process frozen watermelon, tequila, and next 4 ingredients in a blender until slushy. Pour into glasses. Garnish, if desired.
- *Note for kid-friendly recipe: 1/2 cup orange or apple juice may be substituted for tequila.
this was delicious and so refreshing on a hot day.i used home grown mint. this was a wonderful frozen concoction.
Wow, delicious! I chose to use orange juice instead of tequila and it turned out great! Loved it!