Recipe by Suzie
DH and I aren't bourbon sippers, so the 1/2 cup required in this recipe doesn't justify my buying a bottle even to taste test; HOWEVER, don't let that stop you from "giving it a shot." Then, let me know how it was, o.k? Sounds wonderfully cool and refreshing.
- 4 -5 cups seedless watermelon, diced
- 1⁄2 cup Bourbon
- 1⁄4 cup fresh mint leaves, torn
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- crushed ice
- fresh mint sprig
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine watermelon, bourbon, mint leaves, sugar and lime juice in a bowl; let stand 5 minutes.
- Mash the melon mixture with a potato masher; press mixture through a fine sieve into a pitcher; discard solids.
- Fill 4 (4 oz.) tumblers with crushed ice; top with watermelon mixture.
- Garnish with mint sprigs.