Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a 100% sugar free drink (sweetened with naturally sweet stevia) that is perfect for summer. I love using frozen fruit as ice cubes in drinks, because they don't water the beverage down and are edible! I'm lucky enough to have a Meyer lemon tree at home, but of course you can use whatever lemons you have on hand.
- 12 ounces watermelon, flesh
- 1 1⁄4 cups meyer lemon juice
- 2 meyer lemons, zest of
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sea salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon stevia powder (I suggest either NuNaturals or NOW Foods brand as they are less bitter)
- 4 -5 cups filtered water
- frozen berries (as ice cubes) or watermelon, cubes (as ice cubes)
- In a blender, puree the watermelon, lemon juice, lemon zest, salt and stevia until smooth.
- Pour into a pitcher and add water (adjust water for how liquidy the watermelon is). Taste and add stevia if desired.
- Chill, then pour into glasses (or mason jars!) and serve with frozen fruit ice cubes if desired.