Prep 5 mins
Cook 45 mins
Nice refreshing drink from watermelon.org. Careful - it's potent.
- 1 1⁄2 ounces vodka
- 1⁄2 ounce lime juice
- 1⁄2 ounce triple sec
- 6 pieces watermelon, 6 cubes frozen, about 1/2-inch square each
- ice cube, 1/2 shaker
- 1⁄2 ounce Chambord raspberry liquor
- Place all ingredients in a shaker and shake until very well chilled, about 30 seconds.
- Strain into a chilled martini glass.
- Hint: A properly shaken Martini will have a very thin layer of ice crystals floating on top after it is strained into the glass. Most people don't shake long enough and with enough vigor.
Very nice,fresh summertime martini. I will make this again tonight and update my response,leaving out the triple sec and Chambord as an alternative method for myself. I think I really like the taste of watermelon, so I felt the other two might have detracted from the flavor I was anticipating. Triplesec and Chambord aren't my favorite flavors,so that part may just be me - others should make it as written and determine for themselves how they like it. I LOVED the icy almost slushines I got from shaking the frozen watermelon too (DH helpd to be sure I was vigorous enough!!)....SOOO fabulous and PINK!!! ;) Will be making again,in 2 weeks when my friend comes in town! Great recipe addition,Lazyme - thank you!!!