Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Very fruity and fresh. If your watermelon is not the sweetest, add a pinch of sugar.
- 1 1⁄4 ounces tequila
- 1⁄2 ounce triple sec
- 1⁄2 ounce Midori melon liqueur
- 1⁄2 ounce grenadine
- 2 ounces prepared prepared sweet-and-sour mix
- 1 cup frozen seeded watermelon, balls
- 1 cup crushed ice
- granulated sugar
- Note: Advance preparation requires that you pre-freeze your watermelon; be sure to remove all seeds!
- Rub rim of margarita glass with some sweet and sour mix and dip in granulated sugar.
- Process tequila, triple sec, Midori, grenadine, sweet and sour mix, watermelon, and ice in a blender until smooth.
- Pour into margarita glass.
I followed the recipe, but added 1/2 ounce of watermelon schnapps. This doesn't taste strong so it's easy to forget it's an adult drink!
My fiance, who loves to drink so much I joke that he was a near alcoholic before he met me, loved this margarita when I made it! And 1. he's hard to please when it comes to cocktails, 2. I don't normally make them... so it must be wonderful!