Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
A really quick to prepare, refreshing salad! This was a suggested side for a spicy main entree in Cooking Light.
- 473.18 ml watermelon, seeded and cubed
- 236.59 ml mango, peeled and chopped
- 22.18 ml lime juice
- 9.85 ml honey
- salt, to taste
- 4.92 ml mint, chopped
- Combine watermelon and mango cubes in a serving bowl.
- In a separate small bowl, whisk together lime juice, honey, and salt.
- Drizzle lime honey mixture over fruit cubes and gently toss to coat.
- Sprinkle with chopped mint and serve.
Nice fruit salad. Though it is not properly food combined as per, http://www.rawplus.com/images/foodcom.jpg. I don't think it needs the mint for us but I did use fresh mint from the garden. I used red seedless watermelon, frozen mango which was thawed in the refrigerator over night, of course fresh would be better but I had it on hand, freshly squeezed lime juice, raw, local, organic honey, & sea salt. I may make this again. Made for Veggie Swap 38 ~ September ~
A nice cooling side for Caribbean Jerk Chicken Breasts. The mango was ripe and very sweet. I did squeeze the lime over the fruit but opted to leave off the honey. Made for ZWT9.
Perfectly refreshing and delicious.