Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
It's really the simplest fruit salad in the world and the flavor combination is very good. It's from Gourmet magazine.
- Trim the rind of the watermelon.
- Discard the seeds and cut it into 1-inch pieces.
- Place in a large bowl.
- Peel the mangoes and remove the pits.
- Cut into 1-inch pieces and add to watermelon.
- Toss with lime juice, zest, and sugar.
- Chill at least 20 minutes, tossing occasionally.
Interesting recipe. I think the lime juice really mutes the flavor of the mango though.
Incredible! This recipe was an explosion of flavor in your mouth. I wasn't expecting anything unusal when I took a bite of it is just mango and watermelon but adding the lime juice, zest and sugar made an incredible flavor. I made it for our annual Memorial Day bbq and it was so interesting to watch people's faces as they tasted it. It took only a couple of seconds for it to register on their faces. The only thing that I did differently was to use Splenda instead of sugar. I will give it a 5* rating and I rarely do that! Excellent!
This was a great dessert -- light, refreshing, and such a good mix of flavors. It was easy to make, and the combination of these fruits made a salad the whole family raved about. I'll certainly make it again. Thanks!