Recipe by English_Rose
Cool and refreshing, this fruity thirst-quencher makes a great drink to complement Mexican-style meals.
Top Review by Cookworm
We found this very refreshing. I did add a little more lime juice to zing it up a bit. And we found that after drinking this for a couple of days we were a little spent on it. I keep the recipe now as a summer treat to break up the juice drinking. It would make a lovely party drink too. Thank you.
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel the watermelon, cut the flesh into chunks and discard any seeds.
- Tip the chunks into a large bowl - pour over the chilled water and leave to stand for 10 minutes.
- Spoon the mixture into a large sieve set over a bowl. Using a wooden spoon, gently push the fruit through the sieve to extract all the liquid.
- Stir in the lime juice and sweeten with honey to taste.
- Pour into a jug, add a generous handful of ice cubes and stir to mix. Serve in tumblers.