Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
- 1 cup lemon juice
- 1 cup superfine sugar
- 4 1⁄2 cups water
- 3 cups chopped seeded watermelon
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- vodka, a shot to make a summertime cocktail (optional)
- In a blender, puree the watermelon with the corn syrup.
- Strain to remove any bits of seed that remain.
- Combine the lemon juice and sugar in a large pitcher.
- Stir until the sugar is completely dissolved.
- Add the puree along with the water.
- Serve over ice in tall glass.
WOW! This is like a pitcher of nectar brought upon the earth by a fairy from the heavens! This drink is sooooo good, I can hardly describe it enough in words!! It's a hot sunny day here in Oman today, and the World Cup Cricket match is going on. We have little kids from our building popping into our home for 2 things right now: 1. Quite obvious, to take a peek at the WCC India vs. Kenya match and 2. To drink as much of this lemonade as possible;) They've enjoyed it so much, and they just want more and more! LOL. I've spent the last 2 hours doing this. Haha!! Thank you for posting a great recipe! I really wish you get lots of shining reviews for this one!
This was great! I think! I didn`t have any but my son and friends made it dissappear really fast! With Lots of OooHummmms! I used frozen watermelon! I freeze when watermelon is in season to have smoothies all year. My sons favorite fruit next to raspberries. This will be made again with fresh watermelon in the summer and enjoyed by our outdoor fireplace!
This is delicious! You can use agave nectar instead of the corn syrup and some of the sugar if you want: tastes just the same and won't spike your blood sugar so much.