Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
This recipe is from Rozanne Gold in "The Oprah Magazine Cookbook." Adjust the sweetness by experimenting with the amount of honey.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs sliced seedless watermelon, rind removed
- 1 lemon, zest of
- 3⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1 1⁄2 cups cold water
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced, for garnish
- In a food processor, puree the watermelon until very smooth.
- Set a mesh strainer over a bowl and pour the pureed watermelon through it.
- Stir the pulp to let as much liquid as possible drain into the bowl.
- Discard the pulp.
- Pour the watermelon juice into a large pitcher and add the lemon zest.
- Set aside.
- In small bowl, whisk together the lemon juice and honey until honey dissolves.
- Stir this mixture into the watermelon juice, then stir in the water.
- Cover and refrigerate until very cold.
- Serve over ice and garnish with lemon slices.
Another winner from Lainey. I love lemonades and this one was no exception. What great texture and flavor. I made it exactly as written and enjoyed it very much. Loved the honey in the drink, it helps to make subtle flavors shine. I will be making this often, what a great way to use up leftover watermelon.
I made this using frozen watermelon chunks that I keep on hand for the summer months. So, I wasn't sure how much 1 1/2 lbs of watermelon was and so I just eyeballed it knowing I was only serving myself. A splash of lemon juice, water, and a healthy squirt of honey and I had myself a great tasting summery drink. I should mention it wasn't quite sweet enough for me and so I added one packet of splenda. This was purely my preference as some people may like this drink a bit more tart. A great recipe Lainey!~ Made for PRMR.
I made this using some lemonade made with honey I already had on hand. Delicious! Thanks!