Recipe by FLUFFSTER
This is so refreshing! You can choose to make this with or without any alcohol. You can use vodka or gin. However you make it, kick back and enjoy! This is from a Bon Appetit that I'd had some years back. Simple Syrup recipe follows. Times are approx. Recipe for Simple Syrup follows ingredients.
- 7 cups watermelon, pieces peeled and seeded, cut the watermelon in 2-inch pieces you will need about 4 lb. melon
- 1 cup fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons grenadine
- 1 cup gin
- 3 -4 cups ice cubes
- lemon twist
Directions See How It's Made
- Puree watermelon pieces in processor.
- Strain puree into large pitcher, pressing on solids in strainer to extract as much as possible.
- Discard any solids in strainer.
- Add simple syrup, lemon juice and grenadine to pitcher; stir to blend.
- *Simple Syrup:.
- You need to make this a few hours before serving these cocktails, as it needs time to.
- 3 cups water.
- 1 1/2 cups sugar.
- Stir 3 cups water and sugar in heavy medium saucepan over medium heat until sugar dissolves.
- Increase heat and boil 2 minutes.
- Chill syrup until cold; about 3 hours.
- You can prepare this 1 week ahead. Cover and keep refrigerated. Makes about 3 1/3cups.