Recipe by Geema
When watermelons are plentiful and the summer heat is causing you to thirst, this beverage is just the ticket to cool you down.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 cups watermelon, peeled seeded and diced
- 1 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 quart carbonated water
Directions See How It's Made
- Make a simple syrup by bringing the water and sugar to a boil in a saucepan over medium high heat.
- Stir constantly until sugar dissolves.
- Press the watermelon through a fine sieve with the back of a large spoon into a bowl. Discard pulp in sieve.
- Combine the watermelon juice, sugar syrup and lemon juice in a 2 quart pitcher.
- Chill. Add carbonated water to juice mixture just before serving over ice.