- 8 cups seedless watermelon, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, hulled and quartered
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup fresh lemon juice (about 3 lemons)
- 2 cups water
- watermelon wedges, with rind, sliced thin (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a food processor fitted with a steel blade, pulse the watermelon, strawberries and sugar until blended and smooth. (You can use a blender.).
- Strain through a fine-mesh strainer into a 2-quart container, pushing down the solids to get all the juice. Add the lemon juice and enough of the water to make 1 1/2 quarts.
- Chill until very cold. Serve over ice with a wedge of watermelon as garnish.