Prep 2 mins
Cook 1 hr
This comes from yesterday's paper. I want to try it this weekend. Sounds 'licious!
Make and share this Watermelon Lemonade recipe from Food.com.
- 8 cups seedless watermelon, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, hulled and quartered
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup fresh lemon juice (about 3 lemons)
- 2 cups water
- watermelon wedges, with rind, sliced thin (to garnish)
- In a food processor fitted with a steel blade, pulse the watermelon, strawberries and sugar until blended and smooth. (You can use a blender.).
- Strain through a fine-mesh strainer into a 2-quart container, pushing down the solids to get all the juice. Add the lemon juice and enough of the water to make 1 1/2 quarts.
- Chill until very cold. Serve over ice with a wedge of watermelon as garnish.
Loved, loved, loved this! Nice balance of lemon to watermelon.
I had a bunch of leftover watermelon, was looking for a simple recipe to use it. This was the perfect choice! It tastes very watermelon-y, not like lemonade, but still quite good. Very, very easy to make.