Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This recipe is from southernfood.about.com. Very sweet, but also very tasty! A great recipe for making lots of tasty jelly for very little money. I make multiple batches and give away lots of jars! These instructions assume that you are familiar with the basics of jelly making. The yield is approximate. UPDATE: Some reviewers found this too sweet and had trouble getting it to set. I did some research and suspect that the problem may be variances in the acidity of watermelons. I would suggest adding about 2 tablespoons of lemon juice to ensure proper acidity.
- You can strain the watermelon juice or not, depending on how clear you want your jelly. Measure out six cups.
- Mix the juice with the 2 boxes of pectin in a deep pot.
- Bring to a rolling boil and add the sugar all at once.
- Stir well and bring back to a rolling boil.
- Boil exactly one minute, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and skim foam. Pour into hot sterilized jars and seal.
- Process in boiling water bath for 10 minutes.