Prep 30 mins
Cook 8 mins
This is a summertime treat I used to make for my girls when they were little. Cook time is freezing time.
- 2 1⁄2 cups seeded diced watermelon
- 1⁄2 cup fresh raspberries or 1⁄2 cup frozen raspberries, unsweetened,thawed
- 1⁄3 cup sugar, plus
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 small lemon, juice of
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 8 popsicle-type sticks
- Combine all ingredients in a blender; puree until smooth.
- Strain into a large measuring cup or pitcher; pressing solids to extract as much liquid as possible; discard solids.
- Pour resulting liquid into 8 molds or cups (can use disposable paper cups), dividing equally.
- cover with top if using a mold; insert a stick into each mold, or, if using a cup cover with a small square of foil and punch stick through foil.
- Freeze at least 8 hours.