Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Recipe from Eating Well magazine and it is simply divine! So summery and fruity, yet not overly sweet. You can definitely make this non-alcoholic by simply omitting the gin. They also recommend this pretty pink cocktail to be served at Bridal Showers.
- 946.36 ml diced watermelon
- 170.09 g gin, divided
- 118.32 ml lime juice, divided
- 314.66 ml ginger ale, divided (we use diet with great results)
- 4 lime wedges, for garnish
- Puree the watermelon. Strain (I do not strain, I simply use the puree); divide the juice among 4 TALL ice-filled glasses.
- Top each glass with 1 1/2 ounces gin, 2 tablespoons lime juice and 1/3 cup ginger ale (I use a little more soda).
- Garnish with the lime wedges.
- NOTE: I mix mine up to take to the pool by combining the puree, gin and lime juice in a container and then just take cans of soda. I find that this amount makes 5 LARGE drinks.
Husband enjoys gin, and I love watermelon, so we decided to give this one a try. Balanced flavors, not too sweet or too tart. I did strain the watermelon through a rough/wide sieve, and it ended up with just enough pulp to give it flavor. 2 cups of cubed watermelon made about 1 cup of watermelon juice for me. Will definitely be making this one again.
Loved this great drink! The watermelon and ginger ale are a great combo; it's perfect with gin but I'll bet rum or vodka would work too. Thanks for sharing the recipe! Made for ZWT8, Chefs gone WILD!
Excellent. This is my new summer party beverage. Made for ZWT8