Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 hrs
Just got my issue of Everyday Food by Martha Stewart. This sounds yummy!
- 1⁄2 ounce unflavored gelatin, should be 2 envelopes
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 3 1⁄2 lbs watermelon, seedless, rind removed and cut into chunks
- 1⁄2-1 cup watermelon, diced for garnish
- Sprinkle gelatin over 1/4 cup cold water in a small bowl.
- Set aside to soften for about 5 minutes.
- In a small saucepan, combine sugar, salt and 1/4 cup water.
- Heat over high, stirring occasionally, just until sugar is dissolved.
- Stir in gelatin mixture until dissolved.
- Set aside.
- In a blender, combine lemon juice, and half of the watermelon chunks.
- Pour the pureed mixture through a fine meshed seive into a large bowl.
- Discard solids.
- You will need 3 cups of the puree.
- Stir gelatin mixture into the puree.
- Skim off any foam on the surface.
- Divide mixture into 6 serving cups.
- Cover and refrigerate until set, at least 3 hours.
- Serve, garnished with the diced watermelon.