Cold soup is refreshing summer fare. Have a chic outdoor picnic and serve this; your guests will love it--and so will you! Created by chef Trey Foshee of George's at the Cove restaurant (in La Jolla, California). Tip: If you can't find yellow watermelon, just use red watermelon (seedless).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 cups yellow seedless watermelon, peeled and diced
- 1 yellow pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup cucumber, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1/4 jalapeno pepper (or more if you like)
- 3 tablespoons sherry wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- fresh white pepper, to taste
- 6 ounces fresh dungeness crabs
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest, finely grated
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1Chill six wide soup bowls.
- 2Combine all the gazpacho ingredients in a blender and puree until smooth. Reserve in the refrigerator.
- 3Combine the crab, lemon zest and olive oil, and toss gently. Reserve in the refrigerator.
- 4When ready to serve, pour 1 cup of gazpacho into each bowl (you may end up with a bit left over), place four watermelon balls into each bowl, then add the diced cucumber and peppers. Place a pile of the crab in the center of each bowl, top with the cilantro and drizzle the olive oil around.
Browse Our Top Crab Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Watermelon Gazpacho With Dungeness Crab Salad
Serving Size: 1 (301 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 197.6
- Calories from Fat 107
- Total Fat 11.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 16.7 mg
- Sodium 668.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 13.1 g
- Protein 6.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
sherry wine vinegar