Recipe by Recipe Junkie
From Dan Smith and Steve McDonagh on the Food Network. Special Equipment: Shot glasses. Cooking time is chilling time.
- 4 cups seedless watermelon, diced (about 3 pounds)
- 2 -3 tomatillos, diced
- 1 tablespoon seeded and diced jalapeno (about 1/2 pepper)
- 1 lime, juice and zest of
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- lime slice, for garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Put the watermelon, tomatillos, jalapeno, lime juice and zest, salt and pepper into a blender or food processor, working in batches if necessary.
- Blend until the mixture is smooth.
- Chill well before serving, at least 1 hour and up to 1 day.
- To serve, pour about 2 ounces of the gazpacho into shot glasses and garnish with a lime slice.