Prep 1 hr 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
Just posted for something different. I would have to leave the capsicum out. Prep includes chilling time
- 4 cups chopped seedless watermelon, plus
- 1 cup watermelon, chopped into 1/2cm cubes
- 1 lebanese cucumber, chopped into 1/2cm cubes
- 1 red capsicum, peeled, seeded and chopped into 1/2cm cubes
- 1 yellow capsicum, peeled, seeded and chopped into 1/2cm cubes
- 3 celery ribs, cut into 1/2cm cubes
- 1⁄2 small red onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup chopped spearmint
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- Whiz 4 cups watermelon in a blender or food processor until smooth and transfer to a large bowl.
- Combine the 1 cup cubed watermelon, cucumber, red and yellow capsicums, celery and onion in a bowl. Set aside ½ cup of this mixture for garnishing. Stir the remainder into the pureed watermelon, together with the mint, lime juice and vinegar. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour, or until cold.
- Serve the gazpacho in bowls or glasses, with the reserved chopped mixture spooned over the top.